For some people, making decisions is not an easy thing. Yes, there are the people that make a decision and proceed with it, almost never changing their mind, and they always come out on top. But not everyone is like that. Do you struggle with making a decision? Do you have trouble knowing what you should do when you have an option presented to you? Here are some tips to help you be a better decision-maker:
1. The first thing you need to consider your own values. When you have options, weigh how you will feel about each one. If you stick to your values, and don’t ever choose something that you will feel bad for, you will always have much better results and you’ll feel better about yourself in the end of it.
2. Eliminate fear. Sometimes, the reason people don’t make decisions is because they are afraid to and that fear has paralyzed them. Don’t fear change. No matter what you do in life, you will have to come to peace with some sort of change in it. Put the fear aside and make the right decision.
3. Make a list. Making a list is something many people do when they have options they are faced with in life. List the pros and cons of the decisions you have. This will help you see for yourself the choices you can make and what they will do for you.
4. Consider your long-term goals. Which option presenting itself best goes along with what you want to accomplish in life. Whatever goes with your goals is the option you should choose. It will help you work toward your ideal life.
5. Set a deadline to make the decision and stick to it. If the decision is tough, give yourself some time to consider it, but don’t give yourself too much time to make a choice. Promise yourself that you will make a decision and stick to it.
6. Take note that either decision you make may work out fine. For example, if you are choosing whether to go somewhere cold or somewhere warm for your vacation, note that you will have fun no matter what you choose. This will lessen the pressure on you and eliminate some of the fear that you have.
Making decisions in life is tough for some people. But, making no decisions can turn out to be a tougher way to live. Don’t handicap yourself with an inability to make a decision. Instead, follow these steps and become a successful decision maker. Then, you can watch yourself make good choices that will benefit you in the end.